People are not the only ones who celebrate birthdays every year, pets too! Furry friends, especially dogs, bring so much joy, happiness, and sweetness to your family, so there is no excuse not to spoil them during their birthday. A birthday celebration is not complete and exciting without a sweet and delicious birthday cake. Unfortunately, the cake you buy in the cakeshop may be bad for your dog and can be a threat to your dog’s life.
The good thing is, you can still make your dog’s birthday special by contacting a bakeshop that can customize a birthday cake for your cute dogs or by preparing a homemade birthday cake. In this case, you are sure that every ingredient in the cake is fresh and good for your pet. The question is, how you can make a birthday cake and what are the ingredients that are harmful to your fur baby. This article will answer all questions running on your mind.
Easy and Cute Dog Cake Recipe
Pupcake is the other term used by fur parents in referring to dog cakes. Cake makes your fur baby’s birthday special, tasty, and makes the photo op more aesthetically pleasing. This dog cake recipe is very simple, easy, and all ingredients are available in your kitchen. Ready all the ingredients in advance.
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- ½ cup of cooking oil
- ¼ cup of pure honey (optional only)
- 1 ½ cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of almond flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 pc. large egg
- ½ tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Grease the 8 inches round pan or 6 cups ring mold, depending on your preference.
- Step 3 – In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients, including cooking oil, egg, honey, peanut butter, vanilla, and mix them well.
- Step 4 – While mixing the wet ingredients, gradually add the carrots and then blend well.
- Step 5 – In a separate bowl, sift the flour and baking soda. Then add into the carrot mixture and mix them all together.
- Step 6 – Pour the batter mixture into the pan or ring mold.
- Step 7 – Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30 to 40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Step 8 – Let it cool for about 10 minutes before you adding the frosting.
- Step 1 – In a medium bowl, combine the Greek yogurt and peanut butter. Mix until well combined.
- Step 2 – Spread the frosting on the cake. Store the cake at a cool temperature.
Want to know the latest in the baking world? Our baker friends from Bella Cupcake Couture are happy to help you out. Go to www.bellacupcakecouture.com.
Baking ingredients that you should not use when baking dog cake
If you’re planning to throw a dog birthday party, you should be keen on the food’s ingredients that you will serve to your dog. Meanwhile, if you make a homemade dog cake, you should know the elements that have bad effects on your pets. Take note of the following food.
- Macadamia nuts
Ingredients you can use for your dog’s cake
Since you already know some of the bad food for your dog, you should also know what kind of flour and other ingredients you can use in making dog cake. Here’s the flour that is best for dogs that are sensitive to wheat products:
Meanwhile, here’s the flour that is rich in nutrients and less processed compared to white flour:
- Whole wheat
On the other hand, here’s some human food that you can add to your dog’s cake:
- Apple (no seeds)
If you want to make your dog’s cake, then adding frosting would be great, so here are some of the best frosting ideas for your dog birth cake:
- Greek yogurt
- Apple sauce
- Mashed potatoes
- Peanut butter
- A small amount of honey
Spoiling your fur babies during their birthday isn’t a bad idea. It will become memorable, and it can make your pets very happy. While you and your pets are having fun during the party, you should not forget and be extra careful about the food that your dog will eat. You should not let your dog eat food that is bad for them. I hope this article helps you in throwing the most unforgettable pup-birthday for your dog.